Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire


Saw it last night and it was great! I didn't know what all the hype was about but now I know and can understand. They did a GREAT job I am excited that they won 8 oscars; they were well deserved. If you haven't seen it, SEE IT!
Although some of the writing on the screen got cut off since I had a bootleg version of it - oops- but I could understand the gist of what they were writing. This movie made me really want to go to India. It's like I need to be there, I dont know why I get these urges to go where there is corruption and dangerousness --although that is really anywhere in the world -- I do tend to want to be there too! Weird, I know, but it makes me want to go there and help these children out. Not that me by myself could really do much help, but its the thought that counts. The boyfriend didn't want to watch it because his friend told him it was a chick-flick. Ha! Was it definitely not and he was glad that he ended up watching it!
The kids they picked to act in the movie are so cute; it breaks your heart to see that they have to wheel and deal like that to live.
I am glad about the ending, its kind of a trade off for the kid though; losing someone to gain someone else.
Classic



9 comments:

Fidgeting Gidget said...

Glad to hear you liked it; I've been meaning to see it, just haven't had the chance yet. I did watch Doubt two nights ago--it was good, a bit slow, but definitely thought-provoking and Meryl Streep was great!

the girl in stiletto said...

it's not weird at all. it's just your altruistic nature, nothing weird about that :) i've watched the movie months ago & I loved it to bits. I thought they were doing the most amazing job with the movie. (apart from the fact that anil kapoor - the WWTBAM guy, had been my childhood hero LOL) btw, do you know that those three kids were really from the slum? & the movie somewhat gave them a better life (i heard they even got a new home!)

paddle to shore said...

such a fantastic movie!

Akirah said...

One of my favorite movies! It's amazing to see how other people live their lives, especially when they don't have much to live off of. It's very humbling to me and makes me want to appreciate what I have!

Teach.Workout.Love said...

i know me too... such a great movie!!!

msprimadonna67 said...

My husband and I loved the movie! We were certainly rooting for it during Oscar time. Though parts of it were a bit hard for me to watch, the redemptive quality ultimately made it a very worthwhile trade-off. Thanks for sharing your review!

for the love of pictures said...

My youngest sister saw it and beyond loved it. I haven't seen it yet, but hope to soon :)

Oh yeah, I tagged you in a post Novelista. You can check it out @ http://boredomsbounty.blogspot.com/2009/04/twenty-eighth-daygetting-to-know-you-on.html

Teach.Workout.Love said...

nice i will do that post shortly! :)

Bird* said...

best movie ever.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...