Monday, April 20, 2009

Dog Park Adventures

I love that cartoon -- it is so great that I hung it up in my cube and gave it to my boss. It's going to be a long day today... my ads haven't been done and I will probably be here really late. FUN !

What a beautiful weekend this weekend this was! It was very productive as well. Between dinner with friends, my baby cousins 1st birthday family party, another friends birthday, went back to the shelter (yay!), dog park adventures, fell in love with a puppy that was rescued from a kill shelter in Georgia and then realized 'oh yeah i cant have dogs in my apt' and got sad, and dinner with more friends! Seriously full weekend I am so tired now!

I am hoping the pictures from the dog park go up really soon, here is the website of the guy that takes pictures from the dog park we went to. http://dotfur.smugmug.com/ If you are interested in one of the puppies from the kill shelter, they are SO cute, definitely go there or contact me and I can put you in touch with the lady who rescued them because they are up for adoption!










So cuteeeeeeee I want them so bad! One day.... one day..

So at the dog park it was pretty interesting, we went with my friends dogs, Simba and Storm, and we were hanging out there while the dogs played. It was pretty funny to see all the dogs playing together, and it's pretty much like its own community which at first I thought was lame, but by the end of the time we were there we had actually met some nice people and I realized that this is what dog owners do; they hang out with other dogs! And I so want to be apart of that! We met this lady who trains dogs and she had just came back from recently rescuing dogs from a kill shelter in Georgia and she had one of the puppies in the car with her. As soon as the pictures are posted on the website I will post them up here, but the puppy that I got to hold was SO adorable and cute, I WISH WISH WISH I could have him :( But of course I cant. 

One of the bigger pit bulls, Tiny, was playing too rough with some of the other dogs and was playing with Simba and he is MUCH bigger than Simba, him only being a 4 month old pit bull, so it was a little unsafe for a much bigger dog like that to be rough with him  so after an encounter with being TOO rough, we decided to go to the complete other side of the park so Simba didn't get hurt. It was a fun experience though and I really want to go again; with my own dog!!! But in the meantime.... lil Simba will have to do! 

It is about to be 5 and I am no where NEAR leaving :(

ps. i just saved a bird that got attacked in my jobs parking lot by another bird. I brought it to the animal hospital and dropped it off so they can help it. I hope its okay!!!!





6 comments:

Chatham said...

I wish we had a dog park around here, sounds like fun!

paddle to shore said...

Adorable doggy!

Teach.Workout.Love said...

They are so cute! AND up for adoption !!!

They have no dog parks near you? That really sucks, bring it up to your town! It is really worth while!!

Unknown said...

We go to the dog park quite often, as we have a big one just 5 minutes from our house! Cute puppy!

52 Faces said...

Volunteering or even just being at the shelter always cheered me too! Go you

Mara said...

Great cartoon! I need a chuckle when I'm at work...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...